The KPB October 2015 elections are over and there is ahead of us the elections of 2016. There are plenty of considerations ahead; one of them, is the look back on our effort in the October 6 voting.
On October 13, UPDATE MONDAY reviewed the agenda for the 10/14 KPB assembly meeting; and looked back on the most recent election and our successes and failures.
The issues discussed on the agenda included:
- MORE money to the hospital,
- the property exchange over on K-Beach and involving the flooding of recent years past;
Discussion then turned to how the KPB elections went – positive and negative. We discussed some areas where things could have gone better:
- Too short a time before the end of the candidate registration period to get in gear finding a candidate;
- No complete campaign picture planned;
- Too much time absent from area during campaign timeframe
- Perhaps not enough money, have to consider that further;
- A viable option for a combined unity among our group, what that includes;
October also includes a re ignite of political parties looking toward 2016 activities preparing for the 2016 elections in November. The local area districts 29 and 30 met this week for just those purposes and the following were discussed:
- Presidential Preference Poll (PPP) (March 1);
- District convention (s) (March 5);
- State Conventions (March 28);
Without a quorum present and unable to make any decisions, some of the issues and committees around these events were discussed and appointments made.
Some discussion included how many and where the PPP locations would be, and who would be heading that up; district convention would be joint between District 29 and 30; and delegates identified at District Convention for State Convention as well as fees paid up front.